| |
| | |

CodersClub

Forgot password?
 Register
Search
View: 19421|Reply: 17
Collapse the left

how to install addition English language pack in exist forum?

[Copy link]

Ireland

Post time: 2014-06-24 12:31
| Show all posts |Read mode
I installed official Chinese language discuz with lots of plugins installed with everything setted. so I don't want to install any modified discuz, in this case, how can I install addition English Language pack in exist forum with Language Swticher? thanks.

Russia

Post time: 2014-06-24 14:28
| Show all posts
Original Chinese Discuz does not have a possibility to add an additional language.
Only a single language enabled.
So you can only replace an existing language with any our language pack (i.e. English),
but you need to translate some original Chinese words in .js files by yourself.
BTW, our ML version have ALL THE WORDS translated including the javascript files.

Ireland

Author| Post time: 2014-06-24 17:19
| Show all posts
hello, I backup old original official Chinese Discuz and move it to old folder. and freshly uploaded modified version from here. now what I should do with If you can guide me. maybe need delete which file? or need move which folder and file from official Chinese? like avtor and attachment

Russia

Post time: 2014-06-24 19:39
| Show all posts
You need to update your database with the "update" utility.
Read the update instruction:
https://bitbucket.org/vot/discuz ... adme.txt?at=default

Ireland

Author| Post time: 2014-06-24 22:24
| Show all posts
hello, I upload all files into hosting, but it ask me to install again, I don't want to overwrite install. how can i avoid it?

Russia

Post time: 2014-06-25 13:16
| Show all posts
cxj98 2014-6-24 23:24
hello, I upload all files into hosting, but it ask me to install again, I don't want to overwrite in ...

It is not possible if you are doing right steps.

WHAT did you do, step by step?

Ireland

Author| Post time: 2014-06-25 14:27
| Show all posts
1. I was installed original Chinese version of Discuz x3.2 build 2014.06.18 download from official Discuz.net website with all latest fix in hosting www folder directory, visit address will be xxx.com/

2. I installed lots of extension Plugins;

3. all config settled;

4. I created a folder called old, and moved all chinese version of discuz to this folder, visit address will be xxx.com/old/

5. I upload all fresh international version of discuz with none changed to hosting www folder directory, when I type address xxx.com/ to visit, it jump to xxx.com/install/

6. with install, I already exist table in database, It ask me to create new or forcing delete all data in exist one. so how can I do next step?

If you can step by step guide me to complete with this setup, will be great appreciated.

cheers.

Russia

Post time: 2014-06-25 16:32
| Show all posts
I understand.
The problem is here:
4. I created a folder called old, and moved all chinese version of discuz to this folder, visit address will be xxx.com/old/

Solution:
1) COPY (not move) all the files back from "old". Do NOT remove the "old" folder.
2) Then upload again ALL the files from ML version
3) Then READ THE INSTRUCTION How to update your version!!!!
https://bitbucket.org/vot/discuz ... adme.txt?at=default

Ireland

Author| Post time: 2014-06-25 16:52
| Show all posts
1. I moved all files back from old folder
2. which files or folder I should upload to?

Russia

Post time: 2014-06-25 16:59
| Show all posts
Why MOVED????
You need to COPY files!!!!

Then you need to upload ALL the files/folders from inside the "upload" folder in the distributive package.
You have to log in before you can reply Login | Register

Points Rules

Archive|Mobile|Dark room|CodersClub

Top.Mail.Ru
Top.Mail.Ru

2024-04-19 08:18 GMT+3 , Processed in 0.096008 sec., 13 queries .