[Copy link]

Canada

Post time: 2013-03-07 10:54
| Show all posts |Read mode
Edited by ri0 at 2013-3-12 20:19

Hi,

I am new here and I have the following questions:

• is it free?
  • someone mentioned that it is not an official forum ware, so is it legal to use it?
  • can english Discuz users actually get support here, or people need to pay to get extra support ?
  • is it difficult to convert from php33 to Discuz! if I decide to use Discuz, could someone help me with this?
  • this forum has some cool features, is it all included in the Discuz english package or I need additional plug in for that?
  • I saw someone mentioned that the admin panel is difficult to use comparing with other forum ware, how difficult is it, is it possible for a beginer to use?
  • is it possible to convert discuz! to mybb?
  • are there free themes to choose from and can people change the headers of the themes easily?

Thanks

Russia

Post time: 2013-03-07 13:29
| Show all posts
  • Discuz is free only for NON-commercial usage
  • Our Multilingual (ML) version is only a patch for original version. So you must follow the original licension
  • English (and other) Discuz users can get here an advice for free. But if you want an extra support you have to pay for the job
  • Some our people already solved the task of convert from php33 to Discuz. I think they can help (if they want)
  • All the cool features you can see here are include in our install package. But most of original Chinese plugins/templates will not work with our version.
  • Discuz is more rich and difficult than other forum software, because of it is MORE THAN FORUM, it is a Social Network! So, Discuz admin panel is more difficult too. But it is not so hard problem. The community can help...
  • I did not see a conversion utility from discuz to mybb. But you can hire any well-skilled coder to make this job.
  • There are a lot of templates for Discuz, but all required to patch for compatible with ML version. Templates are switchable. Admin can change the forum style, and a user can change his homepage style.

China

Post time: 2013-03-07 16:00
| Show all posts
discuz 7 can  convert to mybb.

Canada

Author| Post time: 2013-03-07 21:08
| Show all posts
Edited by ri0 at 2013-3-12 19:57

so what does "non-commerical" really mean? I mean, is it ok as long as the owner of the site doesn't make money from the site, then, how about donation??? can members donate money?( you know the site need money for the server and stuff )

what  are the "terms of the original license"

when you say "extra help", you mean, things like asking people to write code and make converters etc right? I understand that, I just need help with technical stuff like how to set up the forum or when I get stuck  with setting up or adding threads to the forum, I need help with those, so those are free right?

may I ask who are those people? (so that I could ask them about it )

how much do people pay for making a new convertor? BTW, can Discuz be converted to vbulletin?

"equired to patch for compatible with ML version.", does that mean, I need to pay someone to do it...? or there is a converter for it? and what are the available ones for the ML Discuz? and when I find a template, is it hard to modify it?

P.S I saw someone mention that Discuz is not as safe because it is developed by a chinese group or something(but of course, I am not sure if it is true or not)
so Is Discuz! safe(/secure) to use, does the programm somehow connect to the chinese offical site or something and they get data from the users?

what are the differences between X2.5 and 7?

and there is no  [quote=][/quote] function here...

Thanks for answering my questions,

Russia

Post time: 2013-03-08 18:14
| Show all posts
I'm answering "Yes" for all the questions

Read the license.txt for terms of use.

Canada

Author| Post time: 2013-03-08 20:40
| Show all posts
Edited by ri0 at 2013-3-12 20:03

Thanks ,

but could you please tell me who I could talk to if I need help with converting phpbb3 to discuzX2.5, ...

Russia

Post time: 2013-03-08 20:47
| Show all posts
Here is a FORUM, not Email or Chat,
so you can ask a question TO ALL.
Anybody (who want to answer and can do it) will answer to you...

Canada

Author| Post time: 2013-03-08 21:11
| Show all posts
ok. I guess I am just so used to talk to people via private messages in other forums.

BTW, is it possible to get rid of the "powdered by Discuz!" that attached to the forum name? I mean,  when you search a forum on the google, all of the Discuz! forums are appeared as " XXXX Powered by Discuz!" on the google page. it doesn't look  good and I don't think english forum ware have this"powered by" thing..

Thanks,

Russia

Post time: 2013-03-09 08:40
| Show all posts
In most cases you may remove author copyrights ONLY AFTER PURCHASING of a special license.
You have to log in before you can reply Login | Register

Points Rules

Archive|Mobile|Dark room|CodersClub

Top.Mail.Ru
Top.Mail.Ru

2024-07-03 01:00 GMT+3 , Processed in 0.085026 sec., 8 queries .