Search
View: 9287|Reply: 15
Collapse the left

X3.1 released

[Copy link]

China

Post time: 2013-09-24 18:23
| Show all posts |Read mode
Hi, development team, What do you guys think about the x3.1 which released in 9.23?
You will wait for a while, make sure it is stable. Or will work it out ASAP?

Russia

Post time: 2013-09-24 20:39
| Show all posts
I need your opinion.
How to organize our repository better?
Variants:
1) Use old x3.0 repo, but just update the x3.0 to 3.1
2) Save x3.0 repo as is, but create a new repo for x3.1
3) Make a combined repository for all versions, but every version in a separated branch

Comments

Option 3.  Post time 2013-09-25 03:38

China

Author| Post time: 2013-09-25 02:58
| Show all posts
The CEO of comsenz said in a official conferenc. You can try to read by google translate:
戴志康:这也意味着Discuz!X2.5将是我们整个Discuz!团队,康盛团队在苦苦挣扎于用户需求的最后一个版本,因为在此之后,所有需求,不管是系统级的,还是官方的,还是第三方的,这些需求都会以应用的方式来被满足。而应用的开发可以是有第三方开发,第三方无论是个人,还是公司都可以有权限在Discuz!基础上做开发,也就意味着未来Discuz!开发团队,实际上是一个理论上无穷大的开发团队,他可以更好的解决更多用户的细分需求,满足各位站长,无论是垂直社区,地方社区,我们看起来奇怪或者不奇怪的需求。

I think discuz won't change its code  structure in a long time, because they have already done it from discuz!x2.5. Although it is a 0.5 version, but I think it is more than that.

Base on that, I suggest you can consider opinion 3 after X2.5. And option 2 for older version.

Russia

Post time: 2013-09-25 07:13
| Show all posts
Keep in mind that the option numer 3 is most complicated for users and even for for developers.
Moreover, we will lost a possibility to watch the revision number for every version,
because of all the revisions will be mixed/shared between the product versions...
In that case we will need to come up with any other method of numbering changes inside a version.

China

Author| Post time: 2013-09-25 08:12
| Show all posts
Ofcause, keep each version stand alone is good for details of revision. But it also cost you more time and energy, it depends on your dicision. I love this multi-language version, and hope you can keep on working. If it run out your time too much, I don't think it is a good way to last long..

In fact x2.5 is the most important upgrade, after that comsenz has been purchased by Tencent which running QQ and Wechat. That's why x3.0 add many plugins about QQ.

Russia

Post time: 2013-09-25 10:30
| Show all posts
AFAIK Comsenz stop to support any old version after a new version released.
But we still supports every version (including obsolete ones) separately.
May be we need to do like Comsenz (forget about old, make/support only new) ?

China

Author| Post time: 2013-09-25 12:19
| Show all posts
Edited by leon at 2013-9-25 13:21

Discuz! Product support notice [20130923], I translate for you.
Discuz!
version
Maintenance level
General Use
Problems
Serious Use
Problems
General Security
Problems
Serious Security
Problems
Discuz!X3.1
Discuz!X3.0
Discuz!X2.5
Discuz!X2
Discuz!X1.5.1
Discuz!X1.5
Discuz!7.2

Abandoned
Discuz!X1.0、 Discuz!1.0~Discuz!7.1

China

Author| Post time: 2013-09-25 12:33
| Show all posts
Edited by leon at 2013-9-25 13:44

For original users of discuz, I can use 'file checksum' and 'online upgrade' to know which file has been modified by myself and make sure all the patches has been installed. But with MultiLingual version, I need to be very careful to upgrade, even Rev.238 to Rev239. In case of some modified files are replaced by mistake. I love to install all the patches and keep system to be the lastest version, it is a good habit, but if it is too complicate, I need to do it very careful. Sorry, I go too far.

Back to your question, as a user, if I have a way to easily upgrade to new versions, I will be glad to do it. Then after some time, you won't need to maintainance too much old version, because most of the users don't use them anymore. So if you want to forget the old versions. you'd better consider how to help the elder version users to upgrade. It is damn important! And you'd better has a time schedule topic to inform users.

Russia

Post time: 2013-09-26 11:59
| Show all posts
I have decided to use the variant #2,
because of it is more clear and easy for our users.

Just forked the 3.0 repo:
https://bitbucket.org/vot/discuzml31
You have to log in before you can reply Login | Register

Points Rules

Archive|Mobile|Dark room|CodersClub

Top.Mail.Ru
Top.Mail.Ru

2024-10-06 04:26 GMT+3 , Processed in 0.092582 sec., 10 queries .