Please select To the mobile version | Continue to access the desktop computer version
| |
| | |

CodersClub

Forgot password?
 Register
Search
View: 8427|Reply: 4
Collapse the left

Plugin that allows only the author (original poster) and moderators to view

[Copy link]

United States

Post time: 2011-09-30 05:33
| Show all posts |Read mode
Edited by Lin at 2011-9-30 05:33

This is one feature that I'd really love to see for Discuz! forum. But I do not know coding

What the plugin does:  
Create a forum section where the threads are only viewable to the author and the moderators. For example:

Poster_A made a thread in forum "Tech Support"
Mod_A is the moderator in the forum "Tech Support"

The thread (and replies in the thread) that Poster_A made in the forum is ONLY viewable by Poster_A and Mod_A. Only Poster_A and Mod_A are allowed to view and reply to the thread.

Why would the plugin be helpful?
This plugin might NOT be commonly used but it will be helpful for forums that need:
1) A private section for users to report private issues
2) A private section where the original poster might need to provide confidential information

Practical usage:
Some practical usage would be like:
1) Someone needs to report some private issues
2) Moderator/"Job" applications (commonly seemed in forums that need to seek for moderators). Interested posters can create posts in the forum and moderators will be able to follow up on whether to approve/decline the applicant

Notes
Discuz! has a build in function "Hide replies" but it is not sufficient for the purpose of this plugin.

My Comments
I hope someone will be able to take on this plugin project ^^ I don't know how hard it will be... but I'd love to see it. I am thinking once Vot releases a completed updated English version, there might be an English (or even multiple languages) community that'd like this plugin.

Just a suggestion and something to throw out there for potential programmers

United States

Post time: 2011-11-24 17:09
| Show all posts
+1
-------------------------

China

Post time: 2011-11-24 19:45
| Show all posts
You don't need a plugin for this function, you just need to set the forum viewable for the usergroup you want.

Indonesia

Post time: 2013-12-11 18:08
| Show all posts
mohoko 2011-11-24 23:45
You don't need a plugin for this function, you just need to set the forum viewable for the usergroup ...

i cant find the setup
can showing to me
thanks
Post time: 2013-12-15 18:47
| Show all posts
masbahrun 2013-12-11 20:08
i cant find the setup
can showing to me
thanks

easy veasy..open admin center>forum>forums>edit the desired forum >open thread permissions >tick the desired settings ans save....

Rate

Number of participants 1Rating +1 Collapse Reason
vot + 1

View Rating Log

You have to log in before you can reply Login | Register

Points Rules

Archive|Mobile|Dark room|CodersClub

Top.Mail.Ru
Top.Mail.Ru

2024-03-29 02:17 GMT+3 , Processed in 0.054941 sec., 9 queries .